Welcome to Grace United Methodist Church, founded in 1959 to serve the north Greer community. It is my pleasure to welcome you. Grace church is a family of about 80 families of all sizes and shapes; one-parent, two-parent, even grandparent and great-grandparent families, with little children, teens, and young couples just starting out. Our family welcomes your family.
Pastor Weston Pendergrass
To help you feel more comfortable, here is some information that you may find helpful.
- 9:00 a.m. – Worship is Contemporary style and is lively with our outstanding praise band, called the Awesome Worship Experience.
11:00 a.m. – Worship style is traditional Protestant worship with hymn singing mixed with contemporary music, communal and private prayers, and a reading of Scripture from the Bible and a sermon relating the Word of God to our daily lives. While traditional in structure, it is warm and welcoming.
- During the present COVID-19 outbreak, we are also live-streaming and uploading all our worship services to our public Facebook page, so you may join us from anywhere, anytime! https://www.facebook.com/GraceUMCGreer/
A nursery is provided with a professional nursery director and volunteers. As a part of the United Methodist Church, we practice what we call “Safe Sanctuaries,” which ensures the protection of all children in the church from any form of abuse. Parents are always welcome to visit the nursery at any time.The nursery is currently not offered due to Covid-19.
- Children are always welcome in worship! Coloring and activity pages relating to the theme of the day are provided to keep hands and minds active.
We celebrate Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month. Methodists practice what we call an “open table.” All are invited to partake as you feel comfortable. Membership in the United Methodist Church or the Grace congregation is not required. Receive the bread and wine (we serve grape juice), knowing that they are expressions of God’s love and forgiveness.We currently observe Holy Communion when it is safe and appropriate to do so, which unfortunately is not a regular schedule.
- Handicap and visitor parking are clearly marked and available immediately next to the main entrance to the sanctuary.
- There is no dress code! Some folks feel comfortable dressed up, and some folks feel comfortable dressed casually. We have both, and everything in between.
- Hearing Help – Some of our congregation and visitors have a hearing disability. We have hearing assist devices available for those who do. Just ask one of the greeters and we will be glad to accommodate your request.